Responsibilities and Authority
- Member of facility response team for 24/7 service
- Seek for time or money saving efforts in process or utility systems
- Provide technical support for other internal technicians and engineers, as well as support for contracted projects.
- Assist in the execution of validation and commissioning protocols and processes
- Support facility commissioning and validation efforts
- Assist system owners in process development through cost, time or labor savings
- Contribute to optimization and improvements of facility products and systems
- Review SOPs, work instructions, test methods, requirement specs and other documents
- Heavy lifting and working in uncomfortable conditions (hot, wet, tight areas) possible.
- Heavy cross-functional teamwork support for Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and other departments as needed
- Statistical analysis of process and utility data
- All other tasks as needed or assigned by supervisor
- High technical ability with a troubleshooting approach
- Systems which this person will interact with include but are not limited to:
- Plant Utilities – domestic water, lab water, soft water, boilers, chillers, air compressors, air handler units, electrical systems, fuel and natural gas
- Clean Utilities – USP high purity water, water for injection, clean steam, clean compressed air, lab and manufacturing gas systems
- Automation – building automation system (BAS), SCADA, alarm monitoring system (AMS)
Minimum Educational Requirements for Competency
- 5 years applied experience in technical role, preferably in pharmaceutical environment
- BS or BA degree in engineering, HVAC, refrigeration, chemistry, biochemistry or a related STEM or technical field (preferred)
- High School Diploma with proof of technical certifications or classes
- Strong leadership, technical, communication and organization skills in a cross-functional teamwork environment
This position will be based in Alachua, FL.
To apply submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.