The Accounting internship is designed to be both educational and practical. The intern will learn how to take skills he or she has acquired in school and apply them in a professional setting. The intern will assist the Accounting Staff with the following duties and projects:
- Accounts Payable processing. Sort invoices and match to PO and receiving documents. Data entry of invoices into ERP. Prepare and mail checks.
- Update Supplier records in ERP. Request W-9s from vendors. Scan to ERP. Evaluate W-9 and update vendor record in ERP for proper 1099 reporting.
- Data entry to ERP system. Journal entries, customer payments, customer invoices, etc.
- Updating and maintaining reconciliation schedules.
- Administrative support. Filing, copying, etc.
Minimum Educational Requirements for Competency: (Please attach the copy of any degree, certificate, training as necessary)
- Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited local University, with a major in Accounting. Junior or Senior level, with current GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment.
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Position will require a minimum of 15 hours and a maximum of 25 hours per week.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without Visa sponsorship.
This position will be based in Alachua, FL.
To apply submit your resume to email@example.com with the position in the subject line.