Microbiology/EM Analyst III
The Microbiology/EM Analyst III reports to the Microbiology Manager and performs method development, validation and QC laboratory tests on in-process, intermediate and finished vaccine products and Environmental Monitoring samples, performing a range of additional varied work activities including:
- Independently developing and validating QC Microbiology procedures according to regulatory requirements.
- Writing SOPs, validation protocols and reports
- Participating in the maintenance, qualification and calibration of laboratory equipment in the Microbiology laboratory
- Participate in laboratory administration, including Out of Specification and non- conformances arising, progression of change controls, SOP reviews and closure of assigned activities
- Follow SOPs in performing QC Microbiological release and in-process testing
- Identifying microbial isolates
- Isolating and maintaining cultures of bacteria or other microorganisms in prescribed or developed media, controlling moisture, aeration, temperature, and nutrition
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand, walk, sit, and talk. The employee will perform testing using equipment placed on work benches, will need to be able to work at the lab bench for the entire work day, and must be able to use both hands and use all digits. Adequate eyesight is a must for operation of the equipment. The safety system includes audible alarms. Adequate hearing is therefore a requirement. Must be able to use the required safety equipment such as face masks, respirators and gowning.
Predominantly laboratory environment, but will also be required to work at times in a range of environments such as clean room manufacturing areas.
Minimum Educational Requirements for Competency: (Please attach the copy of any degree, certificate, training as necessary)
- 4 year degree in Microbiology or related field.
- 3-5 years experience in a cGMP QC Microbiology laboratory.
- Strong verbal / written and interpersonal communication skills as a team player and willing to work in an environment where individual initiative, collaboration and accountability are valued.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
This position will be based in Alachua, FL.
To apply submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.