The Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining the performance, integrity, and security of all company databases, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users. Reports to the IT Director
- Maintain all of the company’s databases, primarily MS SQL, including but not limited to: Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System, Electronic Quality Management System (EQMS), Enterprise Content Management (ECM) System, and Learning Management System (LMS).
- Recommend and implement solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications and procedures.
- Maintains databases and related applications as required by industry and regulatory standards.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Maintain database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Create and generate reports for various systems based on user requirements.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge
- Present technical data clearly
- Maintain Validation & revalidation of systems
- Create & maintain configurational, operational, or other procedures
- Ensure backup operations are successful, and that off-site backups are maintained
- Time between projects will be spent assisting helpdesk.
- Lead database design
- Other responsibilities as required by management
Minimum Educational Requirements for Competency:
- Three years of enterprise database experience
- Ability to learn Openedge Progress databases
- Thorough understanding of Best Practices and Change Control. Familiarity with guideline and regulations including, but not limited to FDA 21 CFR Part 11, ITIL and CMMI.
- Experience with validated systems highly desirable
- Basic PC troubleshooting skills required
- Working knowledge of Linux desirable
- Work independently and as a team
- Carry projects through to completion
- Self-motivated, take initiative
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Occasional after-hours / weekends required
This position will be based in Alachua, FL.
To apply submit your resume to email@example.com with the position in the subject line.