IT Helpdesk Technician
The IT Helpdesk technician is responsible for responding to and managing tickets in the Helpdesk system. This position interacts primarily with internal customers and basic customer service skills are required. Reports to the IT Director
- Respond to newly opened tickets in a timely manner
- Keep tickets updated with the latest information
- Close out tickets with all pertinent information in a timely manner
- Perform all necessary steps to complete the tickets. This may include research or purchasing supplies.
- Generate reports from the helpdesk system for management
- Manage printers and print management software
- AD Management
- Network connectivity troubleshooting
- Online meeting assistance and troubleshooting
- Documentation including status updates in ticketing system, SOP’s, polices, and how-to guides
- Assist administrators / engineers with other projects as needed
- Assign tickets to level 2 support as required.
- Other responsibilities as required by management
Minimum Educational Requirements for Competency
- CompTIA or other certifications highly desirable
- Basic PC troubleshooting skills required
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Linux desirable
- Work independently and as a team
- Carry projects through to completion
- Self-motivated, take initiative
- Occasional after-hours / weekends required
- High School diploma
This position will be based in Alachua, FL.
To apply submit your resume to email@example.com with the position in the subject line.