Research and Development Technician
The research and development department at Nanotherapeutics is seeking applicants for an entry level position to assist in technology transfer and process scale up for biopharmaceutical therapeutics and prophylactics at the Alachua, Florida facility. This position will report to the Process Development Engineer.
- Tissue culture and maintenance of engineered cell lines.
- Expression and purification of recombinant proteins using a variety of expression systems
- Write R&D protocols and reports in support of R&D process development.
- Hands-on lab work such as adherent or suspension cell culture, medium/buffer preparation, and cleaning/decontaminating bioreactors and fermentors.
- Performance of in vitro assays (e.g. ELISAs).
- Assist in research, product and process development for both current and new products (including hands-on work).
- Organize and manage laboratory inventory including procurement of supplies and materials needed for protocol execution.
- Operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Write SOPs, work instructions, test methods, material specifications, and other product development documents
- Perform routine lab work in a safe and organized manner.
- Contribute to optimization and improvements of GMP products
- Execute documents under Good Documentation Practices.
- Support manufacturing activites in the cGMP cleanroom as necessary for transfer of processes out of the development area.
- Assist in out-of-specification review via CAPA and/or change control forms
- All other tasks as needed or assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Education Requirements for Competency
- At least 2-year degree in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, or related field with 2 years experience or 4-year degree in similar field.
- Ability to work in an organized manner.
- Ability to clearly and accurately report lab results.
- Understanding and familiarity with bioreactor or fermentor operation.
- Experience with recombinant protein.
- Cell culture, biological assay (ELISA, qPCR, spectrophotometry) experience.
- Understanding and experience performing calculations (formulation to molar quantity, determining concentration of organisms or protein in samples)
- Buffer preparation experience.
- General laboratory experience (pH measurement, measuring weight using a microbalance, pipet and micropipette technique).
- Experience working with yeast, bacterial, mammalian, and/or insect cell cultures.
This position will be based in Alachua, FL.
To apply submit your resume to email@example.com with the position in the subject line.