The Staff Accountant will report to the Assistant Controller and will be responsible for:
- Prepare general ledger journal entries by maintaining accounting records and files
- Preparing general ledger, reconciliation reports per Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP) Document financial transactions
- Reconciles financial information by collecting and analyzing account information
- Summarizes financial status through the collection of information; balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows, and other reports
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls
- Review customer vouchers and coding for Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) compliance.
- Prepares vendor disbursements by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements
- Prepare customer vouchers for submission in accordance with FAR
- Prepares special financial reports to track department and contract related performance
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Assist the Controller in miscellaneous accounting duties
- Maintain project costs and task codes for proper project coding
- Maintain electronic timekeeping systems in accordance with FAR
- Support the Project Management Office with financial information as requested
Minimum Educational Requirements for Competency
- B.S. in Accounting/Master’s preferred
- QuickBooks or similar accounting software (QAD), MS Outlook, Excel, Project, and Word
- Attention to detail
- Well organized
This position will be based in Alachua, FL.
To apply submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.