Manufacturing Senior Technician
- This position will support production related activities in the cGMP Manufacturing Core according to established procedures at the Medical Counter Measures (MCMs) Advanced Development and Manufacturing Facility in Alachua (Florida).
- Perform upstream related activities including Cell culture at small/large scale using various cell lines, Cell transfection, Media and buffer preparation, Bioreactor and Fermentor based production.
- Perform downstream related activities including Chromatography purification, Centrifugation and Ultracentrifugation, Ultrafiltration/Diafiltration, Viral Clearance.
- Write Standard Operation Procedures, Change Control, Deviations.
- Properly disinfect and stage materials into production rooms before the production campaigns.
- Identify and order equipment. Oversee equipment installation, qualification and routine maintenance.
- Write and/or review Production batch records and review executed records.
- Write raw material specifications, research and source material and lab wares.
- Write production reports when necessary.
- Perform change-over cleaning in the manufacturing core and other production rooms.
- Perform activities to support production campaign such as preparation of tubing assemblies, autoclave, material request and transfer into production room.
- Adhere to safe working practices.
- Provide other assistance as needed to the Manufacturing Supervisor or Manager.
- Meet with Manufacturing Supervisor and/or Manufacturing Manager at least on a weekly basis to discuss goals, planning, progress.
Minimum Educational Requirements for Competency
- Possess a B.S. (Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Virology, Immunology, Chemistry, Engineering, Biochemistry, Material Science or related field) with a minimum of 3 years of work experience (cGMP experience preferred)
- OR A.S diploma and a minimum of 5 years of cGMP manufacturing experience.
- Ability to document work clearly and accurately. Detail oriented.
- Must have basic computer skills and familiar with Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Legible writing skills. Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Communication and organization skills in teamwork environment.
- Experience working as a team member sharing responsibilities is desired.
- Previous work experience in cGMP environment is highly desired.
- Ability to work independently and within the manufacturing group to complete assigned tasks.
- Flexibility, Self-motivation, efficiency and responsibility, hard working.
This position will be based in Alachua, FL.
To apply submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.