- This position will assist production related activities in the cGMP Manufacturing Core according to established procedures at the Medical Counter Measures (MCMs) Advanced Development and Manufacturing Facility in Alachua (Florida).
- Perform and/or assist with upstream related activities including Cell culture at small and large scale, Cell transfection, Media and buffer preparation, Bioreactor and Fermentor based production.
- Perform and/or assist with downstream related activities including Chromatography purification, Centrifugation and Ultracentrifugation, Ultrafiltration/Diafiltration, Viral Clearance.
- Draft Standard Operation Procedures, Change Control, Deviations.
- Properly disinfect and stage materials into production rooms before the production campaigns.
- Assist with equipment ordering, installation, qualification and routine maintenance.
- Draft and review and Production batch records and review executed records.
- Write raw material specifications, research, source and order material and lab wares.
- Draft production reports when necessary.
- Perform and assist with change-over cleaning in the manufacturing core and other production room.
- Perform activities to support production campaign such as preparation of tubing assemblies, autoclave, material request and transfer into production room.
- Adhere to safe working practices.
- Provide other assistance as needed to the Senior Manufacturing Technicians, Manufacturing Supervisor or Manager.
Minimum Educational Requirements for Competency
- Possess a B.S. (Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry or equivalent) or A.S diploma and a minimum of two years of manufacturing or lab work experience. Several years of related work experience may substitute.
- Ability to document work clearly and accurately and be detail oriented.
- Must have basic computer skills and familiar with Word and Excel.
- Reading comprehension and legible writing skills.
- Communication and organization skills in a teamwork environment.
- Experience working as a team member sharing responsibilities is desired.
- Previous work experience in GMP environment is preferred.
- Minimum of general chemistry course and lab
- Self-motivated and hard working.
This position will be based in Alachua, FL.
To apply submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line