Sample Control Technician
The Sample Control Technician reports to the Sample Stability Manager and performs sample login and releases samples for testing using a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). The range of work activities include:
- Logs and tracks all samples submitted to the QC laboratories for internal or external analysis using the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Creates and applies labeling to all samples to maintain traceability.
- Assigns priority level and appropriate testing procedures to samples according to Sample Submission Form, then stores samples appropriately.
- Monitors storage chambers temperatures and humidity daily to confirm that the readings are within specified limits.
- Performs minor sample aliquoting in a safety hood as needed.
- Cleans and organizes the laboratory daily to promote a clean, safe work environment and smoother flow of daily operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned and directed.
Minimum Educational Requirements for Competency
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Associate degree or 2 years of laboratory experience a plus
- Good communication and organization skills
- Familiarity with databases or LIMS a plus
This position will be based in Alachua, FL.
To apply submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.