Vector Development Technician I
The Biologics Research and Development Technician I reports to the Vector Development Manager and performs method development, product and process development, scale up processing and purification, performing a range of additional varied work activities including:
- Tissue culture and maintenance of engineered cell lines
- Expression and purification of recombinant proteins using a variety of expression systems
- Performance of in vitro assays and ELISAs
- General molecular biology tasks including cloning, PCR and Gel electrophoresis
- Performing analysis of media, culture and products
- Assist in research, product and process development for both current and new products (including hands-on work)
- Write R&D protocols and reports in support of R&D product development
- Perform product testing in support of R&D product development
- Contribute to validation protocols and reports
- Assist in training of manufacturing personnel at time of design transfer
- Maintain R&D inventory supply and ordering
- Contribute to optimization and improvements of GMP products
- Write SOPs, work instructions, test methods, material specifications, and other product development documents
- Assist in out-of-specification review via CAPA and/or change control forms
- Teamwork support for Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and other departments as needed
- All other tasks as needed or assigned by supervisor
Minimum Educational Requirements for Competency
- BA or BS degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related field (0-2 years experience), MS a plus.
- Molecular Biology experience a plus.
- Strong leadership, technical, communication and organization skills in a teamwork environment
- Strong verbal / written and interpersonal communication skills as a team player and willing to work in an environment where individual initiative, collaboration and accountability are valued.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
This position will be based in Alachua, FL.
To apply submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.