The Procurement Supervisor will report to the Procurement Manager and will be responsible for:
- Executing and supervising purchases of materials, equipment, supplies and services in accordance with prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures. Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions, investigates and develops sources of supplies, prepares bid packages, issues bid requests and reviews quotations. This position requires the use of initiative and independent judgment
- Communicates project scheduling and timelines with contractors and subcontractor’s
- Examines and analyzes purchase orders executed by buyers for completeness and accuracy of information; identify areas needed for training based on errors found and provide additional training as needed.
- Identify, select and manage suppliers to procure requisitioned commodities, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality and delivery date and places orders.
- Ensure procurement files and packages maintain an audit ready status and comply with Government standards.
- Assist Quality in evaluating and rating suppliers on price, quality and service.
- Interprets and communicates purchasing procedures to other departments; assists other departments in initiating requisitions.
- Assist buyers in setting goals and objectives to strengthen their procurement activities.
- Write and/or revise procedures as required to support procurement activities.
- Develop improved purchasing methods to effectively and efficiently procure from distributors.
- Ensure buyers are resolving purchasing issues in a timely manner as they arise.
- Manage the evaluation and setting up of Approved Supplier.
- Other Activities as required by department manager.
- Organizing and prioritizes workloads for maximum effectiveness and movement with a sense of urgency
- Conducting and coordinating purchase support activities.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Reports to the procurement manager
- Ensure buyers are purchasing in a manner that adheres to legal, government compliance, and audit requirement
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures.
- Skills in preparing and analyzing request for quotations and request for proposals.
- Skilled in both verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of ISO, FDA, and FAR compliance
- Understand ERP/MRP systems
- Very organized and detail oriented is a must
This position will be based in Alachua, FL.
To apply submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line